Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded up 0.1% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 21:00 PM Eastern on March 12th. In the last seven days, Tether has traded up 0.4% against the US dollar. One Tether token can now be purchased for approximately $1.00 or 0.00010872 BTC on exchanges including Tidex, HitBTC, Bitfinex and Kucoin. Tether has a total market cap of $2.22 billion and approximately $2.15 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.80 or 0.00008691 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 5.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $86.73 or 0.00940568 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00003188 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded 3.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.34 or 0.00014541 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0364 or 0.00000394 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 4.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.06 or 0.00044034 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $8.16 or 0.00088495 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $17.12 or 0.00185604 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded up 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded down 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $816.32 or 0.08852600 BTC.
Tether Token Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Buying and Selling Tether
Tether can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Huobi, Binance, OKEx, Liqui, Kraken, Bibox, Exmo, Gate.io, Upbit, Kucoin, ZB.COM, Cryptopia, Coinut, Bittrex, HitBTC, EXX, Bitfinex, Coinbene, Tidex and Poloniex. It is not currently possible to buy Tether directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Tether must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Tether using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.