Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of IPG Photonics (NASDAQ: IPGP) in the last few weeks:
- 3/1/2018 – IPG Photonics was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 2/22/2018 – IPG Photonics was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $275.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “IPG Photonics reported stellar fourth-quarter results. IPG is benefiting from strong adoption of fiber lasers over conventional lasers and non-laser cutting and welding equipment. According to management, secular transition to high powered products and increased electric vehicle battery production were the primary drivers behind the increased adoption of the high powered lasers. Geographically, the company is gaining in China, Europe, North America and Japan with strong demand across a variety of applications and industries. Additionally, its vertically integrated business model is a key differentiator, in our view. This is helping IPG keep costs down. Further, acquisitions like Menara Networks and ILT have helped IPG to expand product portfolio. High barriers to entry and technological lead insulate the company from facing significant competition.”
- 2/21/2018 – IPG Photonics had its price target raised by analysts at DA Davidson from $1.86 to $275.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/20/2018 – IPG Photonics had its price target raised by analysts at Canaccord Genuity from $210.00 to $235.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 2/20/2018 – IPG Photonics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Benchmark Co.. They now have a $255.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $230.00.
- 1/31/2018 – IPG Photonics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Northcoast Research. They now have a $290.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/24/2018 – IPG Photonics had its price target raised by analysts at Needham & Company LLC from $230.00 to $280.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of IPG Photonics Co. (NASDAQ:IPGP) opened at $254.72 on Tuesday. The company has a quick ratio of 7.27, a current ratio of 8.82 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.02. The firm has a market capitalization of $13,475.11, a price-to-earnings ratio of 40.05, a PEG ratio of 2.48 and a beta of 1.84. IPG Photonics Co. has a twelve month low of $116.80 and a twelve month high of $264.11.
IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Friday, February 16th. The semiconductor company reported $1.86 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.72 by $0.14. IPG Photonics had a return on equity of 21.29% and a net margin of 24.67%. The business had revenue of $361.10 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $345.63 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $1.39 earnings per share. The company’s revenue was up 28.9% on a year-over-year basis. analysts forecast that IPG Photonics Co. will post 8.37 EPS for the current year.
IPG Photonics Corporation is a developer and manufacturer of a line of fiber lasers, fiber amplifiers, diode lasers, laser systems and optical accessories that are used for various applications. The Company offers a line of lasers and amplifiers, which are used in materials processing, communications and medical applications.
Receive News & Ratings for IPG Photonics Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for IPG Photonics Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.