Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM E.T. on March 14th. Over the last week, Bitcoin has traded 16.8% lower against the dollar. Bitcoin has a market capitalization of $141.95 billion and approximately $5.97 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Bitcoin coin can currently be purchased for $8,390.01 on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Coinfloor, BTCC, GetBTC and BitBay.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 9.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $966.54 or 0.11605300 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.34 or 0.00028082 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 12.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $14.45 or 0.00173489 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.89 or 0.00022647 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 8.5% against the dollar and now trades at $142.93 or 0.01716150 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 11.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.72 or 0.00020684 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 6.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00002801 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 12.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00004200 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 8.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00001930 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded down 15.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.90 or 0.00010863 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Bitcoin Coin Trading
Bitcoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Huobi, Foxbit, HitBTC, Bitso, Upbit, BTCTurk, Paribu, Korbit, Bittrex, Negocie Coins, Coinrail, Coinroom, Cryptopia, Coinfloor, ZB.COM, BTCC, ACX, Gemini, Coinnest, LakeBTC, GDAX, EXX, Binance, BtcTrade.im, OKEx, Bibox, Tidex, BTC Markets, Poloniex, Luno, Liqui, YoBit, Kucoin, Allcoin, itBit, BitBay, Livecoin, Gatecoin, Bitstamp, BTCBOX, Bithumb, xBTCe, BitMEX, CoinExchange, Bit-Z, Kraken, bitFlyer, Lbank, Independent Reserve, CoolCoin, Fisco, Bitcoin Indonesia, BL3P, Zaif, Exmo, Bleutrade, CoinsBank, CEX.IO, BX Thailand, Bitonic, Coinone, BitGrail, CoinEgg, RightBTC, Bitfinex, Quoine, Mr. Exchange, QuadrigaCX, GetBTC, WEX, Coinsquare, Bitbank and Gate.io. Investors seeking to acquire Bitcoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.