Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded down 12.8% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 17:00 PM E.T. on March 14th. Ethereum Classic has a market cap of $1.74 billion and approximately $180.92 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded down 22.2% against the U.S. dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be purchased for $17.31 or 0.00208367 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including RightBTC, Qryptos, Gemini and CEX.IO.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 8.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,362.15 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $619.01 or 0.07452130 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $962.76 or 0.11590400 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $163.43 or 0.01967530 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 13.1% against the dollar and now trades at $215.93 or 0.02599500 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 13.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.39 or 0.00113068 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 10.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $70.32 or 0.00846589 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $255.54 or 0.03076330 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.33 or 0.00028098 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Allcoin, BtcTrade.im, Cryptopia, Gate.io, Gatecoin, Exmo, Bitfinex, Mercatox, QuadrigaCX, Coinone, Bittrex, Bitso, Binance, ZB.COM, Huobi, EXX, WEX, BX Thailand, Koinex, GOPAX, Coinsquare, CoinEgg, CoolCoin, Livecoin, Bibox, Korbit, TOPBTC, Coinut, Coinbene, Bit-Z, ACX, Bancor Network, Bitinka, xBTCe, Kucoin, Bitstamp, OKEx, Qryptos, Upbit, BTCTurk, Koineks, Coinrail, Quoine, CoinExchange, BitGrail, Liqui, COSS, Lbank, RightBTC, Independent Reserve, BTC Markets, Tidebit, bitFlyer, CoinFalcon, Bithumb, Cobinhood, ChaoEX, HitBTC, Mr. Exchange, DSX, Gatehub, Kraken, Bitbank, Gemini, Bitcoin Indonesia, EtherDelta, CEX.IO, Tidex, GDAX, YoBit, BitBay, Poloniex, Coinnest and BigONE. It is not currently possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.