Ethereum (CURRENCY:ETH) traded 9.4% lower against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 16:00 PM Eastern on March 14th. Ethereum has a market cap of $61.01 billion and $1.64 billion worth of Ethereum was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Ethereum coin can currently be purchased for $621.38 or 0.07460930 BTC on major exchanges including CoinExchange, Cobinhood, Coinut and CoinFalcon. In the last week, Ethereum has traded 17.9% lower against the dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 8.2% against the dollar and now trades at $8,390.01 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 9.3% against the dollar and now trades at $966.54 or 0.11605300 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $164.15 or 0.01971010 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 12.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $216.92 or 0.02604540 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 12.9% against the dollar and now trades at $17.28 or 0.00207452 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded down 13.5% against the dollar and now trades at $9.44 or 0.00113401 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 10% against the dollar and now trades at $70.72 or 0.00849176 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 8.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $257.32 or 0.03089630 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.34 or 0.00028082 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference. In the Ethereum protocol and blockchain there is a price for each operation. The general idea is, in order to have things transferred or executed by the network, you have to consume or burn Gas. The cryptocurrency is called Ether and is used to pay for computation time and for transaction fees.If you want to earn block rewards from the network, you can join the network as a miner. Follow the link for a guide on how to mine Ethereum on a Windows Pc. The much easier but a bit more expensive way is to buy an Ethereum mining contract. Ethereum is how the Internet was supposed to work. As long as you have enough funds to pay for your code to be run by the network, your contacts will always be up and running.It was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed and maintained by ETHDEV with contributions from great minds across the globe. There is also an Ethereum foundation and there are multiple startups working with the Ethereum blockchain.Ethereum is currently on the “Homestead” stage and all its related software is still considered Beta until the release of the next stage “Metropolis”. If you are looking for a GUI interface for your wallet, try the Ethereum Wallet DApp. It's still in beta so be careful when you use it.Our block explorer data bellow is freely provided by etherchain.org and etherscan.io. “
Ethereum Coin Trading
Ethereum can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Gemini, Koineks, xBTCe, HitBTC, BitBay, CoinFalcon, CoinEgg, QuadrigaCX, COSS, Kucoin, EXX, Kraken, Gatehub, Bittrex, BX Thailand, Tidex, CEX.IO, Exmo, BitGrail, Upbit, Bitinka, BTCTurk, bitFlyer, GOPAX, GDAX, Binance, Bitstamp, OKEx, Qryptos, Bithumb, BTC Markets, Koinex, Independent Reserve, Coinnest, Livecoin, Huobi, ChaoEX, Liqui, WEX, RightBTC, Coinut, Poloniex, Bibox, Bitso, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bitbank, Coinrail, Lbank, Mercatox, BtcTrade.im, Quoine, Bit-Z, ACX, YoBit, Gatecoin, EtherDelta, DSX, Cobinhood, Bancor Network, Coinsquare, Bitfinex, TOPBTC, Mr. Exchange, Korbit, CoolCoin, Coinbene, Gate.io, ZB.COM, Coinone, CoinExchange, Cryptopia, Tidebit, Allcoin and BigONE. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum using US dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.