Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 6.1% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 16:00 PM E.T. on March 14th. During the last week, Litecoin has traded 11.5% lower against the dollar. Litecoin has a total market cap of $9.13 billion and $441.22 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for $164.15 or 0.01971010 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bits Blockchain, GDAX, Stocks.Exchange and Bitstamp.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 11.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0324 or 0.00000389 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0036 or 0.00000043 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 6.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00004114 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 16.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00004735 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 13% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00007066 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 9.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.37 or 0.00016497 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 43.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00004168 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 8.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.42 or 0.00029103 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 6.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0962 or 0.00001155 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0849 or 0.00001020 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: NIX-E, Coingi, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Coinone, Kucoin, Coinut, RippleFox, Tidex, Bitlish, Exrates, BitFlip, Bleutrade, CryptoBridge, GOPAX, Negocie Coins, Exmo, BX Thailand, SouthXchange, Coinsquare, BitGrail, Bitinka, OkCoin Intl., Altcoin Trader, Tripe Dice Exchange, BitBay, BitMarket, Bits Blockchain, Bit2C, Braziliex, CoinEx, CoinExchange, Koinim, BtcTrade.im, Stocks.Exchange, Liqui, BCEX, Poloniex, Gate.io, Bit-Z, BTC Markets, Bitstamp, Qryptos, WEX, QuadrigaCX, ChaoEX, Allcoin, FreiExchange, xBTCe, CoinFalcon, C-CEX, Mr. Exchange, Livecoin, EXX, RightBTC, Coinroom, CoinEgg, VirtacoinWorld, Trade Satoshi, The Rock Trading, Mercado Bitcoin, BTC Trade UA, GDAX, COSS, Coinrail, Abucoins, Cryptox, Cryptomate, OKCoin.cn, Dgtmarket, LocalTrade, Bisq, BITHOLIC, Huobi, HitBTC, Koinex, YoBit, Bitcoin Indonesia, Coinhouse, DSX, LiteBit.eu, Bitbank, Upbit, Gatecoin, Cryptopia, Bibox, Bitsane, TOPBTC, BTC-Alpha, Bitmaszyna, Coinbene, Bittrex, BitKonan, Binance, TDAX, CoolCoin, Bitfinex, Tux Exchange, AEX, ZB.COM, Mercatox, OpenLedger DEX, CoinsBank, Koineks, BigONE, Bitso, Bithumb, Bittylicious, Kraken and OKEx. Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.