Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded down 7.5% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 7:00 AM Eastern on March 14th. One Monero coin can currently be purchased for approximately $237.47 or 0.02710580 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Kraken, Binance, Mercatox and Cryptomate. In the last seven days, Monero has traded 32.3% lower against the dollar. Monero has a total market capitalization of $3.76 billion and approximately $71.88 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 6.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0029 or 0.00000034 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 1.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0114 or 0.00000130 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $2.22 or 0.00025318 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded down 10% against the dollar and now trades at $1.03 or 0.00011750 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 5.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.72 or 0.00019706 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded down 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.71 or 0.00008116 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0049 or 0.00000056 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 19.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0833 or 0.00000951 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Braziliex, Qryptos, Bithumb, Bisq, OKEx, Coinroom, Tux Exchange, Exrates, Gate.io, Exmo, Poloniex, Cryptox, HitBTC, SouthXchange, Mercatox, Bittrex, Binance, Kraken, Livecoin, BTC-Alpha, Cryptopia, LiteBit.eu, Abucoins, Bitfinex, Cryptomate and Upbit. It is not currently possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.