Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded 5.7% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 9:00 AM ET on March 14th. Peercoin has a market capitalization of $51.26 million and $657,632.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Peercoin has traded down 20.6% against the U.S. dollar. One Peercoin coin can now be bought for $2.08 or 0.00023872 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including BX Thailand, Bleutrade, Cryptopia and YoBit.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $8,782.93 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,013.17 or 0.11634200 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 7.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.56 or 0.00029437 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 8.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.35 or 0.00038491 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $82.91 or 0.00952042 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $15.68 or 0.00180438 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 8.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.82 or 0.00020950 BTC.
- Steem Dollars (SBD) traded up 9.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.86 or 0.00032934 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
Peercoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, LiteBit.eu, YoBit, SouthXchange, Coingi, Bit-Z, HitBTC, Poloniex, WEX, Bittrex, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, BX Thailand, OpenLedger DEX, The Rock Trading, Bleutrade and Bittylicious. It is not presently possible to buy Peercoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Peercoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.