Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded 6.1% lower against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 7:00 AM Eastern on March 14th. One Siacoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.0133 or 0.00000152 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bittrex, Bisq, BITHOLIC and Poloniex. Over the last week, Siacoin has traded 20.4% lower against the US dollar. Siacoin has a total market capitalization of $440.06 million and $4.52 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $8,838.66 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 4.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $667.87 or 0.07623350 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,023.22 or 0.11679400 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 4.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $168.23 or 0.01920230 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 7.5% against the dollar and now trades at $237.47 or 0.02710580 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $18.69 or 0.00213340 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $10.19 or 0.00116268 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $76.18 or 0.00869597 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $278.16 or 0.03175000 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Buying and Selling Siacoin
Siacoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Abucoins, Bisq, BITHOLIC, Bittrex, HitBTC, Poloniex and Upbit. It is not presently possible to purchase Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Siacoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Siacoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.