Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded 0.1% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 7:00 AM ET on March 14th. During the last seven days, Tether has traded down 0.1% against the U.S. dollar. One Tether token can now be purchased for about $1.00 or 0.00011420 BTC on popular exchanges including Coinbene, Poloniex, Tidex and Gate.io. Tether has a market capitalization of $2.22 billion and $1.78 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Ripple (XRP) traded down 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.76 or 0.00008692 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00003155 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $78.40 or 0.00894881 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.24 or 0.00014183 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0338 or 0.00000385 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $4.11 or 0.00046862 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 21.4% against the dollar and now trades at $9.76 or 0.00111394 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 6.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $17.29 or 0.00197405 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded up 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $775.07 or 0.08846880 BTC.
Tether Token Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Tether Token Trading
Tether can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Kraken, Gate.io, Poloniex, Liqui, Tidex, Huobi, Coinbene, Binance, OKEx, HitBTC, Exmo, Bibox, ZB.COM, Kucoin, Upbit, Bittrex, Cryptopia, Coinut, Bitfinex and EXX. It is not presently possible to purchase Tether directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Tether must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Tether using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.