Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded up 0.2% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 17:00 PM E.T. on March 14th. Tether has a market cap of $2.22 billion and approximately $1.96 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Tether has traded 0.1% higher against the dollar. One Tether token can now be bought for about $1.00 or 0.00012066 BTC on major exchanges including Bittrex, Kucoin, Upbit and Coinut.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded down 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.71 or 0.00008594 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 10.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.25 or 0.00003062 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 13.3% against the dollar and now trades at $71.79 or 0.00864305 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 12.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.15 or 0.00013826 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 10.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0316 or 0.00000381 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $3.93 or 0.00047329 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 8.4% against the dollar and now trades at $9.15 or 0.00110172 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 16.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $16.06 or 0.00193367 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded down 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $753.76 or 0.09074350 BTC.
Tether Token Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Buying and Selling Tether
Tether can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bibox, Bittrex, Exmo, Bitfinex, ZB.COM, Liqui, Coinut, Upbit, Poloniex, Tidex, Binance, Kucoin, Huobi, OKEx, HitBTC, Gate.io, Cryptopia, Coinbene, Kraken and EXX. It is not possible to buy Tether directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Tether must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Tether using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.