BitConnect (CURRENCY:BCC) traded down 8.7% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 20:00 PM ET on April 16th. Over the last week, BitConnect has traded up 26% against the U.S. dollar. One BitConnect coin can currently be purchased for $1.40 or 0.00017401 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including CoinExchange, Livecoin, Trade Satoshi and HitBTC. BitConnect has a market capitalization of $13.19 million and $3,488.00 worth of BitConnect was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $130.15 or 0.01615140 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0908 or 0.00001127 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.85 or 0.00010507 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0046 or 0.00000057 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004618 BTC.
- Matrix AI Network (MAN) traded down 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.71 or 0.00008843 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded up 7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.64 or 0.00020394 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 7.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.41 or 0.00005069 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded down 7.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00001252 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00003026 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitfinex introduced trading on Chain Split Tokens (CST). The first such product of its kind, CSTs will allow Bitfinex customers to speculate on future fork events of the Bitcoin blockchain, specifically, the potential fork between Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited. They have designated these CSTs as BCC (Bitcoin Core) and BCU (Bitcoin Unlimited). CSTs will trade as BTC and USD pairs, initially without margin and they will reevaluate that decision if there is sufficient liquidity. Users will be able to create CSTs by “splitting” a bitcoin through the Token Manager (located in the Order Type drop down menu of the sidebar order ticket). Once split, the BTC will be removed from their account for each BCC and BCU added. Through the same Token Manager, users will be able to reverse this process at anytime, trading in equal numbers of BCC and BCU to extract BTC. If no fork occurs by December 31, 2017, then BCU will expire worthless and BTC will be given in exchange for each BCC holder. If, however, there is a fork, specifically Bitcoin Unlimited, then, as soon as they list Bitcoin Unlimited, they will exchange BCU tokens for Bitcoin Unlimited tokens as well as retiring BCC tokens in favor of Bitcoin Core tokens. More detailed information can be found in the Chains Split Token Terms and Conditions. They are planning a few additional enhancements including a realtime display of total CSTs as well as segregated cold storage for the bitcoins that have been split, which we will periodically settle to and from their hot wallet. “
Buying and Selling BitConnect
BitConnect can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: CoinExchange, BCC Exchange, Livecoin, HitBTC and Trade Satoshi. It is not presently possible to purchase BitConnect directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade BitConnect must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase BitConnect using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for BitConnect Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BitConnect and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.