Steem (CURRENCY:STEEM) traded 7.8% higher against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 23:00 PM Eastern on October 12th. Steem has a market cap of $237.21 million and approximately $1.94 million worth of Steem was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Steem coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.85 or 0.00013578 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bittrex, RuDEX, Bithumb and HitBTC. In the last seven days, Steem has traded down 4.4% against the dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $6,276.56 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $444.69 or 0.07133019 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 41.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.87 or 0.00030043 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $59.87 or 0.00960360 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 3.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00044758 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00005657 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0592 or 0.00000949 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0455 or 0.00000726 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0210 or 0.00000337 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded down 13.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0021 or 0.00000034 BTC.
Steem is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It was first traded on July 4th, 2015. Steem’s total supply is 297,205,783 coins and its circulating supply is 280,231,689 coins. The official message board for Steem is steemit.com/@steemitblog. The Reddit community for Steem is /r/steemit and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Steem’s official website is steem.com. Steem’s official Twitter account is @steemit and its Facebook page is accessible here.
Buying and Selling Steem
Steem can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, Bithumb, Huobi, RuDEX, Binance, OpenLedger DEX, HitBTC, GOPAX, Bittrex and Poloniex. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Steem directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Steem using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.