Megacoin (CURRENCY:MEC) traded 16.7% higher against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 11:00 AM ET on October 13th. Megacoin has a total market capitalization of $194,622.00 and approximately $20.00 worth of Megacoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last week, Megacoin has traded flat against the U.S. dollar. One Megacoin coin can currently be purchased for about $0.0052 or 0.00000083 BTC on major exchanges including CoinExchange and Cryptopia.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $53.90 or 0.00861383 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0052 or 0.00000083 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 1.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0142 or 0.00000227 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00002814 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00003054 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0897 or 0.00001433 BTC.
- Linkey (LKY) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.73 or 0.00011643 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.32 or 0.00021098 BTC.
- Matrix AI Network (MAN) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00003378 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0908 or 0.00001451 BTC.
Megacoin (MEC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its launch date was May 29th, 2013. Megacoin’s total supply is 37,470,969 coins. The Reddit community for Megacoin is /r/megacoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Megacoin’s official Twitter account is @mega_coin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Megacoin is www.megacoin.eu. Megacoin’s official message board is megacointalk.org.
Buying and Selling Megacoin
Megacoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptopia and CoinExchange. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Megacoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Megacoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Megacoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Megacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Megacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.