Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded up 0% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 10:00 AM ET on November 10th. Namecoin has a total market capitalization of $8.91 million and approximately $48,269.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Namecoin coin can now be bought for about $0.60 or 0.00009391 BTC on exchanges including Cryptopia, Bitsane, Bittylicious and BX Thailand. In the last week, Namecoin has traded 11.4% higher against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $6,403.62 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 4.5% against the dollar and now trades at $542.56 or 0.08488994 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.77 or 0.00011976 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $60.96 or 0.00946824 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 6.2% against the dollar and now trades at $3.50 or 0.00054289 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00005317 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded down 23.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0439 or 0.00000682 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0211 or 0.00000328 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 14.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0353 or 0.00000549 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded 5.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0016 or 0.00000025 BTC.
Namecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Namecoin is www.namecoin.org. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittylicious, WEX, Cryptopia, Bitsane, Bleutrade, SouthXchange, Tux Exchange, YoBit, Livecoin, Altcoin Trader, C-Patex, BX Thailand, Poloniex and Trade By Trade. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.