Steem (CURRENCY:STEEM) traded 0.7% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on January 12th. Over the last seven days, Steem has traded down 8.3% against the U.S. dollar. One Steem coin can now be purchased for about $0.26 or 0.00007117 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including GOPAX, HitBTC, Bittrex and Upbit. Steem has a market cap of $80.18 million and $318,710.00 worth of Steem was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3,657.56 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $134.09 or 0.03673806 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $81.51 or 0.02232975 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded down 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.71 or 0.00019574 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 6.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.95 or 0.00053454 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 7.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00002998 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0628 or 0.00001550 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0194 or 0.00000531 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0090 or 0.00000246 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001757 BTC.
Steem Coin Profile
Steem (CRYPTO:STEEM) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was July 4th, 2015. Steem’s total supply is 325,715,403 coins and its circulating supply is 308,741,309 coins. The official message board for Steem is steemit.com/@steemitblog. Steem’s official website is steem.com. Steem’s official Twitter account is @steemit and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Steem is /r/steemit and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
Buying and Selling Steem
Steem can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, GOPAX, Bithumb, RuDEX, Huobi, Binance, Poloniex, HitBTC, Bittrex and OpenLedger DEX. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Steem directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Steem should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Steem using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.