Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of EOG Resources (NYSE: EOG) in the last few weeks:
- 1/10/2019 – EOG Resources was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 1/9/2019 – EOG Resources had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $106.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/7/2019 – EOG Resources was upgraded by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada from a “sector perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 1/4/2019 – EOG Resources was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corp from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $115.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/25/2018 – EOG Resources was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 12/17/2018 – EOG Resources is now covered by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They set a “buy” rating and a $130.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/7/2018 – EOG Resources was upgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $118.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $117.00.
- 12/5/2018 – EOG Resources is now covered by analysts at MKM Partners. They set a “buy” rating and a $133.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/3/2018 – EOG Resources had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $133.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/22/2018 – EOG Resources was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Besides being the largest player in the Eagle Ford, EOG Resources also holds significant top tier acreage in Permian, Bakken play and Powder River Basin. In fact, with the recent discovery of Mowry and Niobrara sites in Powder River Basin, the firm has solidified its position and poised itself for greater returns. Moreover, EOG Resources’ healthy financials provides it financial flexibility to tap into growth opportunities. Also, in the third quarter of 2018, the company’s discretionary cash flow surged more than 95% year over year, reflecting strength in its operations.However, the company’s lack of exposure to international resources is a drag. Its Permian operations can also take a hit due to takeaway capacity constraints. Moreover, rising operating expenses possesses threat to its bottom-line. Therefore, the stock warrants a cautious stance.”
- 11/20/2018 – EOG Resources had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $133.00 to $118.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 11/20/2018 – EOG Resources was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 11/16/2018 – EOG Resources was upgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG from a “neutral” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $128.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/15/2018 – EOG Resources had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $140.00 to $141.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
NYSE:EOG opened at $96.87 on Monday. EOG Resources Inc has a 1-year low of $82.04 and a 1-year high of $133.53. The company has a current ratio of 1.09, a quick ratio of 0.92 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.28. The stock has a market capitalization of $57.52 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 86.49, a P/E/G ratio of 1.18 and a beta of 1.27.
EOG Resources (NYSE:EOG) last released its earnings results on Friday, November 2nd. The energy exploration company reported $1.75 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.56 by $0.19. EOG Resources had a return on equity of 16.79% and a net margin of 30.90%. The firm had revenue of $4.78 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $4.20 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $0.19 earnings per share. The company’s quarterly revenue was up 80.8% on a year-over-year basis. Research analysts anticipate that EOG Resources Inc will post 5.85 EPS for the current year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, January 31st. Stockholders of record on Thursday, January 17th will be given a dividend of $0.22 per share. This represents a $0.88 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 0.91%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, January 16th. EOG Resources’s dividend payout ratio is currently 78.57%.
In other news, Director Frank G. Wisner sold 3,150 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, December 20th. The stock was sold at an average price of $92.60, for a total transaction of $291,690.00. Following the sale, the director now owns 116,586 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $10,795,863.60. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at the SEC website. Also, EVP Ezra Y. Yacob sold 2,388 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, January 9th. The stock was sold at an average price of $98.77, for a total value of $235,862.76. Following the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 45,424 shares in the company, valued at approximately $4,486,528.48. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Company insiders own 0.51% of the company’s stock.
Large investors have recently bought and sold shares of the stock. Cornerstone Advisors Inc. grew its stake in EOG Resources by 41.2% in the third quarter. Cornerstone Advisors Inc. now owns 490 shares of the energy exploration company’s stock valued at $63,000 after purchasing an additional 143 shares in the last quarter. NuWave Investment Management LLC boosted its stake in shares of EOG Resources by 2,366.7% during the 3rd quarter. NuWave Investment Management LLC now owns 1,184 shares of the energy exploration company’s stock worth $151,000 after acquiring an additional 1,136 shares during the period. Resources Management Corp CT ADV acquired a new stake in EOG Resources during the 3rd quarter worth approximately $158,000. ELM Advisors LLC acquired a new stake in EOG Resources during the 3rd quarter worth approximately $162,000. Finally, Honkamp Krueger Financial Services Inc. acquired a new stake in EOG Resources during the 3rd quarter worth approximately $198,000. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 85.53% of the company’s stock.
EOG Resources, Inc, together with its subsidiaries, explores for, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The company's principal producing areas are located in New Mexico, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming in the United States; and the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, the United Kingdom, the People's Republic of China, and Canada.
Recommended Story: Understanding Price to Earnings Ratio (PE)
Receive News & Ratings for EOG Resources Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for EOG Resources Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.