Waves (CURRENCY:WAVES) traded up 5.2% against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 11:00 AM Eastern on February 12th. One Waves coin can currently be bought for about $2.84 or 0.00078317 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Exrates, Binance, BCEX and Coinrail. Waves has a market capitalization of $284.29 million and $25.56 million worth of Waves was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, Waves has traded up 5.3% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Qtum (QTUM) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.91 or 0.00052656 BTC.
- Lisk (LSK) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.17 or 0.00032132 BTC.
- Nxt (NXT) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0223 or 0.00000615 BTC.
- Neblio (NEBL) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.04 or 0.00028724 BTC.
- Blocknet (BLOCK) traded up 4.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.35 or 0.00064802 BTC.
- WhiteCoin (XWC) traded 2.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0305 or 0.00000839 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0064 or 0.00000178 BTC.
- Clams (CLAM) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.62 or 0.00044692 BTC.
- BlackCoin (BLK) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0678 or 0.00001868 BTC.
- Global Currency Reserve (GCR) traded down 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0351 or 0.00000967 BTC.
Waves is a LPoS coin that uses the Proof of Stake hashing algorithm. Its launch date was June 12th, 2016. Waves’ total supply is 100,000,000 coins. Waves’ official website is wavesplatform.com. The official message board for Waves is forum.wavesplatform.com. The Reddit community for Waves is /r/Wavesplatform and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Waves’ official Twitter account is @wavesplatform and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Waves is the first production system being built on top of the Scorex framework Extensible solution: In order to fix the need for a mandatory hard fork when creating a new type of transaction on the NXT Platform (forcing network client software updates) WAVES offers plug-ins that are not included in the core software module, but are instead installed as an extension on top of it. “
Buying and Selling Waves
Waves can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinbe, Gate.io, Kuna, Cryptohub, Binance, Exrates, Coinrail, Bittrex, Tidex, HitBTC, OKEx, Bitbns, Livecoin, YoBit, Indodax, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Stocks.Exchange, Exmo, BCEX, COSS, LiteBit.eu, Huobi, Upbit and Liqui. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Waves directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Waves should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Waves using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Waves Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Waves and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.