Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) in the last few weeks:
- 3/14/2019 – Gilead Sciences is now covered by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They set an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 3/7/2019 – Gilead Sciences was given a new $75.00 price target on by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 3/7/2019 – Gilead Sciences had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
- 2/26/2019 – Gilead Sciences had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a $88.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “We spoke to GILD. The company was able to confirm the title and time, and it noted that yes, this this is the pivotal DISCOVER trial, but couldn’t say exactly what data we will get. The company also confirmed that it’s a late-breaker and also an oral presentation. Clinicaltrials.gov still shows an active” status, but GILD noted to us that in general (not necessarily specific to this particular Descovy entry) clincaltrials.gov results can be presented at a lag. We note that oral presentations typically need to be informative, can’t just be baseline data, etc … our best guess is we’re getting both efficacy and safety data.””
- 2/13/2019 – Gilead Sciences was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 2/12/2019 – Gilead Sciences had its price target lowered by analysts at Raymond James from $90.00 to $85.00. They now have a “strong-buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/12/2019 – Gilead Sciences was downgraded by analysts at Citigroup Inc from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $75.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $100.00.
- 2/11/2019 – Gilead Sciences was downgraded by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating. They now have a $68.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $95.00.
- 2/7/2019 – Gilead Sciences was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 2/5/2019 – Gilead Sciences had its price target lowered by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co from $95.00 to $89.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 2/5/2019 – Gilead Sciences was given a new $84.00 price target on by analysts at Maxim Group. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/5/2019 – Gilead Sciences was given a new $90.00 price target on by analysts at Raymond James. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/5/2019 – Gilead Sciences had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc. They now have a $100.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/23/2019 – Gilead Sciences was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Gilead’s HCV franchise continues to witness slowdown across key markets including the United States. and Europe, reflecting lower sales of Harvoni and Sovaldi as a result of competitive and pricing pressure. The franchise saw a significant plunge in sales due to new competition and fewer patient starts. Also, the HIV franchise faces competition from the likes of Glaxo, among others. While the Kite acquisition surely looks positive given the potential in the CAR T space, the deal looks expensive given the price Gilead paid. Nevertheless, Gilead’s HIV franchise maintains momentum, driven by the continued uptake of Genvoya and Odefsey, and the rapid adoption of Biktarvy. The FDA approval of Biktarvy has further widened the portfolio. Biktarvy has also been approved in Europe. Shares have outperfomed the industry in the last six months.”
Gilead Sciences stock opened at $64.79 on Friday. Gilead Sciences, Inc. has a twelve month low of $60.32 and a twelve month high of $80.90. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.19, a quick ratio of 3.29 and a current ratio of 3.38. The stock has a market capitalization of $82.69 billion, a PE ratio of 10.53, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 4.08 and a beta of 1.16.
Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD) last released its quarterly earnings results on Monday, February 4th. The biopharmaceutical company reported $1.44 EPS for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.70 by ($0.26). Gilead Sciences had a return on equity of 37.03% and a net margin of 24.65%. The firm had revenue of $5.80 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $5.52 billion. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $1.78 earnings per share. Gilead Sciences’s revenue for the quarter was down 2.6% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities analysts forecast that Gilead Sciences, Inc. will post 6.23 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, March 28th. Investors of record on Friday, March 15th will be paid a dividend of $0.63 per share. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, March 14th. This is a boost from Gilead Sciences’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.57. This represents a $2.52 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 3.89%. Gilead Sciences’s payout ratio is currently 37.07%.
In related news, Director Gayle E. Wilson sold 19,068 shares of Gilead Sciences stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, February 19th. The shares were sold at an average price of $67.08, for a total transaction of $1,279,081.44. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now directly owns 143,567 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $9,630,474.36. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available through the SEC website. 1.16% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
Several hedge funds have recently added to or reduced their stakes in GILD. Bank of New York Mellon Corp boosted its stake in shares of Gilead Sciences by 199,789.8% during the 3rd quarter. Bank of New York Mellon Corp now owns 31,350,714 shares of the biopharmaceutical company’s stock worth $2,420,587,000 after purchasing an additional 31,335,030 shares during the period. Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund boosted its position in Gilead Sciences by 5,733.7% in the 4th quarter. Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund now owns 28,988,297 shares of the biopharmaceutical company’s stock valued at $463,000 after buying an additional 28,491,386 shares during the period. Capital Research Global Investors boosted its position in Gilead Sciences by 22.5% in the 3rd quarter. Capital Research Global Investors now owns 69,854,968 shares of the biopharmaceutical company’s stock valued at $5,393,502,000 after buying an additional 12,818,301 shares during the period. Norges Bank purchased a new stake in Gilead Sciences in the 4th quarter valued at about $798,882,000. Finally, BlackRock Inc. boosted its position in Gilead Sciences by 2.2% in the 4th quarter. BlackRock Inc. now owns 104,186,077 shares of the biopharmaceutical company’s stock valued at $6,516,839,000 after buying an additional 2,195,948 shares during the period. 78.23% of the stock is owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
Gilead Sciences, Inc discovers, develops, and commercializes therapeutics in the areas of unmet medical needs in the United States, Europe, and internationally. The company's products include Biktarvy, Descovy, Odefsey, Genvoya, Stribild, Complera/Eviplera, Atripla, Truvada, Viread, Emtriva, and Tybost for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in adults; and Vosevi, Vemlidy, Epclusa, Harvoni, Sovaldi, Viread, and Hepsera products for treating liver diseases.
Read More: How to invest in a bear market
Receive News & Ratings for Gilead Sciences Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Gilead Sciences Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.