Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for GALAPAGOS NV/S (NASDAQ: GLPG):
- 7/10/2019 – GALAPAGOS NV/S had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG.
- 7/10/2019 – GALAPAGOS NV/S was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $152.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Galapagos NV is a biotechnology company. The Company’s operating segment consists of Research and Development and Services. Research and Development segment is engaged in the discovery and development of small molecules. Services segment offers drug discovery products and services. Its products include GLPG0634 for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases, GLPG1205/GLPG1690 for treating inflammatory bowel disease, GSK2586184 for the treatment of chronic immuno-inflammatory diseases and GLPG0974, to prevent free fatty acid-induced activation and migration of neutrophils which are in different clinical trial. Galapagos NV is headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium. “
- 7/2/2019 – GALAPAGOS NV/S was given a new $150.00 price target on by analysts at HC Wainwright. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 6/27/2019 – GALAPAGOS NV/S was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 6/12/2019 – GALAPAGOS NV/S had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at HC Wainwright. They now have a $150.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Valuation and risks to our investment thesis. Our 12-month, $150 price target on shares of Galapagos is derived from a 13- year DCF-based, sum-of-the-parts analysis. Our DCF is driven by: beta of 1.34, terminal growth rate of -3.0%, risk premium of 4.93%, calculated WACC of 9.3%, and tax rate of 20% beginning in FY 2025. (11%) together make up 88% of our value, with the remainder derived from the probability-adjusted, filgotinib-associated milestone payments.””
- 6/11/2019 – GALAPAGOS NV/S was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 5/24/2019 – GALAPAGOS NV/S was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 5/23/2019 – GALAPAGOS NV/S was given a new $150.00 price target on by analysts at HC Wainwright. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
NASDAQ:GLPG traded up $3.86 during trading hours on Friday, hitting $145.75. 259,687 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 104,975. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.02, a quick ratio of 6.31 and a current ratio of 6.31. The business’s 50-day simple moving average is $124.79. GALAPAGOS NV/S has a one year low of $85.00 and a one year high of $146.13. The firm has a market cap of $7.33 billion, a P/E ratio of -220.83 and a beta of 1.54.
GALAPAGOS NV/S (NASDAQ:GLPG) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Friday, April 26th. The biotechnology company reported ($1.01) earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of ($1.19) by $0.18. GALAPAGOS NV/S had a negative return on equity of 3.60% and a negative net margin of 13.24%. The business had revenue of $46.47 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $44.92 million. On average, analysts forecast that GALAPAGOS NV/S will post -4.61 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Large investors have recently modified their holdings of the business. Pinnacle Associates Ltd. bought a new position in GALAPAGOS NV/S during the 1st quarter valued at $231,000. Comerica Bank raised its stake in shares of GALAPAGOS NV/S by 6.3% during the 4th quarter. Comerica Bank now owns 3,120 shares of the biotechnology company’s stock worth $325,000 after purchasing an additional 185 shares during the period. Financial Gravity Wealth Inc. bought a new stake in shares of GALAPAGOS NV/S during the 1st quarter worth $344,000. Stevens Capital Management LP bought a new stake in shares of GALAPAGOS NV/S during the 1st quarter worth $398,000. Finally, DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale raised its stake in shares of GALAPAGOS NV/S by 121.4% during the 1st quarter. DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale now owns 6,200 shares of the biotechnology company’s stock worth $632,000 after purchasing an additional 3,400 shares during the period. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 16.33% of the company’s stock.
Galapagos NV, a clinical-stage biotechnology company, discovers, develops, and commercializes novel medicines. Its clinical stage programs include filgotinib, which is in Phase III clinical trials for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn's disease, Phase 2/3 trials for ulcerative colitis, and Phase II trials for multiple additional indications; GLPG1690, an autotaxin inhibitor, which is in Phase III clinical trial for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis; GLPG1972 that completed Phase 1b clinical trial for the treatment of osteoarthritis; and MOR106, which is in Phase II trials for atopic dermatitis patients.
Featured Article: Analyzing a company’s cash flow statement
Receive News & Ratings for GALAPAGOS NV/S Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for GALAPAGOS NV/S and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.