Steem (CURRENCY:STEEM) traded 14.1% lower against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 0:00 AM Eastern on August 14th. Over the last week, Steem has traded 15.8% lower against the U.S. dollar. Steem has a market capitalization of $57.84 million and $1.50 million worth of Steem was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Steem coin can now be bought for approximately $0.17 or 0.00001710 BTC on major exchanges including GOPAX, Huobi, Poloniex and Binance.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $9,925.65 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 11% against the dollar and now trades at $311.37 or 0.03134869 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 6.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $93.39 or 0.00940272 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded down 27.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.66 or 0.00006694 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.16 or 0.00021756 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0530 or 0.00000534 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 18.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0312 or 0.00000314 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded 5.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0077 or 0.00000077 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded down 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0018 or 0.00000018 BTC.
Steem Coin Profile
STEEM is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It was first traded on July 4th, 2015. Steem’s total supply is 357,628,480 coins and its circulating supply is 340,654,386 coins. Steem’s official Twitter account is @steemit and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Steem is steemit.com/@steemitblog. The Reddit community for Steem is /r/steemit and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Steem’s official website is steem.com.
Buying and Selling Steem
Steem can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Huobi, OpenLedger DEX, HitBTC, RuDEX, Bithumb, Upbit, Bittrex, Binance, Poloniex and GOPAX. It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Steem directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Steem using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.