Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Phillips 66 (NYSE: PSX):
- 10/8/2019 – Phillips 66 had its price target raised by analysts at Raymond James from $117.00 to $120.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 10/2/2019 – Phillips 66 is now covered by analysts at Evercore ISI. They set an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 10/2/2019 – Phillips 66 was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/25/2019 – Phillips 66 had its price target raised by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co from $130.00 to $132.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 9/10/2019 – Phillips 66 had its price target lowered by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from $126.00 to $115.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 9/5/2019 – Phillips 66 is now covered by analysts at Macquarie. They set an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 9/3/2019 – Phillips 66 is now covered by analysts at Scotiabank. They set an “outperform” rating on the stock.
Shares of PSX stock traded up $2.65 during mid-day trading on Wednesday, reaching $103.47. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 1,048,928 shares, compared to its average volume of 2,631,317. The company’s 50 day simple moving average is $100.72 and its 200-day simple moving average is $95.25. Phillips 66 has a 12-month low of $78.44 and a 12-month high of $119.14. The company has a quick ratio of 0.82, a current ratio of 1.28 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.39. The firm has a market capitalization of $45.24 billion, a PE ratio of 8.84, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.07 and a beta of 1.07.
Phillips 66 (NYSE:PSX) last issued its earnings results on Friday, July 26th. The oil and gas company reported $3.02 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $2.70 by $0.32. Phillips 66 had a net margin of 4.76% and a return on equity of 19.75%. The business had revenue of $28.52 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $29.89 billion. During the same quarter last year, the firm posted $2.80 EPS. As a group, research analysts anticipate that Phillips 66 will post 7.5 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, December 2nd. Stockholders of record on Monday, November 18th will be paid a $0.90 dividend. This represents a $3.60 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 3.48%. The ex-dividend date is Friday, November 15th. Phillips 66’s dividend payout ratio is presently 30.74%.
In other news, EVP Robert A. Herman sold 47,433 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Monday, September 16th. The shares were sold at an average price of $103.17, for a total value of $4,893,662.61. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is accessible through this link. Company insiders own 0.13% of the company’s stock.
A number of institutional investors have recently added to or reduced their stakes in PSX. Advisors Preferred LLC purchased a new stake in Phillips 66 during the 2nd quarter worth $25,000. TRUE Private Wealth Advisors purchased a new stake in Phillips 66 during the 2nd quarter worth $26,000. Manchester Financial Inc. purchased a new stake in Phillips 66 during the 2nd quarter worth $32,000. Coastal Capital Group Inc. purchased a new stake in Phillips 66 during the 2nd quarter worth $37,000. Finally, TCG Advisors LP purchased a new stake in Phillips 66 during the 1st quarter worth $38,000. 68.71% of the stock is currently owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
Phillips 66 operates as an energy manufacturing and logistics company. It operates through four segments: Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties (M&S). The Midstream segment transports crude oil and other feedstocks; delivers refined products to market; provides terminaling and storage services for crude oil and petroleum products; transports, stores, fractionates, exports, and markets natural gas liquids; provides other fee-based processing services; and gathers, processes, transports, and markets natural gas.
Read More: What is the Rule of 72?
Receive News & Ratings for Phillips 66 Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Phillips 66 and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.