Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 0.7% against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 23:00 PM Eastern on October 17th. In the last week, Namecoin has traded up 14.8% against the U.S. dollar. Namecoin has a total market cap of $6.28 million and approximately $88.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.43 or 0.00003746 BTC on exchanges.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $11,374.12 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 1.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $246.83 or 0.02170097 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00001377 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $73.38 or 0.00645111 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $1.23 or 0.00010841 BTC.
- DAOBet (BET) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0120 or 0.00000106 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0698 or 0.00000614 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0104 or 0.00000092 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0589 or 0.00000518 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
NMC is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was April 19th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Namecoin’s official website is www.namecoin.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: . It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.