Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 1.4% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 18:00 PM ET on October 18th. Namecoin has a market capitalization of $6.04 million and $454.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.41 or 0.00003581 BTC on exchanges. Over the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 4.8% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $11,447.41 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $249.21 or 0.02177029 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00001366 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $73.27 or 0.00640100 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.25 or 0.00010941 BTC.
- DAOBet (BET) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0116 or 0.00000101 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0669 or 0.00000584 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0104 or 0.00000091 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 1.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0592 or 0.00000517 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0117 or 0.00000102 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
Namecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was April 19th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Namecoin’s official website is www.namecoin.org. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: . It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.