Bitcoin Cash (CURRENCY:BCH) traded up 3.7% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 7:00 AM ET on January 14th. Bitcoin Cash has a total market cap of $9.39 billion and $5.63 billion worth of Bitcoin Cash was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Bitcoin Cash coin can now be bought for $504.76 or 0.01324932 BTC on popular exchanges. During the last week, Bitcoin Cash has traded up 13.4% against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 8.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $38,096.98 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 2.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $210.90 or 0.00553589 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA) traded 9.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $16.99 or 0.00044605 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00000478 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 10.6% against the dollar and now trades at $66.54 or 0.00174656 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded up 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.63 or 0.00001658 BTC.
- DragonVein (DVC) traded 2.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0439 or 0.00000115 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 4.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.30 or 0.00003405 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0881 or 0.00000231 BTC.
- DAOBet (BET) traded up 10.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0085 or 0.00000022 BTC.
About Bitcoin Cash
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is a hard forked version of the original Bitcoin. It is similar to bitcoin with regards to its protocol; Proof of Work SHA-256 hashing, 21,000,000 supply, same block times and reward system. However two main differences are the the blocksize limits, as of August 2017 Bitcoin has a 1MB blocksize limit whereas BCH proposes 8MB blocks. Bitcoin Cash is a proposal from the viaBTC mining pool and the Bitmain mining group to carry out a UAHF (User Activated Hard Fork) on August 1st 12:20 pm UTC. They rejected the agreed consensus (aka BIP-91 or SegWit2x) and have decided to fork the original Bitcoin blockchain and create this new version called “Bitcoin Cash”. Bitcoin Cash can be claimed by BTC owners who have their private keys or store their Bitcoins on a service that will split BCH for the customer. On November 15, 2020, Bitcoin Cash experienced a scheduled upgrade. Bitcoin Cash developers from various full node projects changed the Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm (DAA) to a new DAA called ‘aserti3-2d‘ (or ‘ASERT’ for short). “
Buying and Selling Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Cash can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: . Investors seeking to acquire Bitcoin Cash using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Gemini or GDAX.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Cash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin Cash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.