Primecoin (CURRENCY:XPM) traded down 3.6% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 12:00 PM Eastern on June 11th. Primecoin has a market capitalization of $4.62 million and approximately $1.27 million worth of Primecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Primecoin coin can now be bought for about $0.13 or 0.00000344 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges. In the last week, Primecoin has traded 1.8% higher against the US dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- DigiByte (DGB) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0589 or 0.00000161 BTC.
- Myriad (XMY) traded 0.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0044 or 0.00000012 BTC.
- Circuits of Value (COVAL) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0077 or 0.00000021 BTC.
- Quark (QRK) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0176 or 0.00000048 BTC.
- TeeCoin (TEC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0013 or 0.00000007 BTC.
- Safari (SFR) traded down 6.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0090 or 0.00000025 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Primecoin, or XPM, involves a new type of proof-of-work based on searching for prime numbers. Primecoin was created by Sunny King – who also created Peercoin. The block time is one minute and th total number of coins is 3299976 with dynamic difficulty retargetting. “
Buying and Selling Primecoin
It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Primecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Primecoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Primecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Primecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Primecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.